Casual/Seasonal Market Host
WHO WE ARE
Our purpose is to connect farmers with eaters by gathering and distributing nutrient-dense food through a system that regenerates our environment and community and supports the local economy.
We strive to contribute to Calgary’s food security by distributing local, high quality produce grown throughout the year at a price that is fair to both consumers and producers. Our cooperative structure strengthens the market presence of our diverse member-growers and demonstrates that urban farming is a viable use of land in our city. We strive towards regenerative farming practices that have the potential to heal the earth while producing delicious food. We are also passionate about enhancing the connections between urban and rural communities in Alberta. We are better together.
We supply our produce to customers through a weekly subscription service, as well as operating a webstore and physical farmers markets. We offer home delivery and have over a dozen pickup locations throughout the Calgary metropolitan area in addition to Airdrie, Langdon and Cochrane.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Do you have a passion for any of local food, farming, culinary skills, local economy and/or regenerative agriculture?
- Do you have a positive, friendly attitude and a passion for interacting with people? You must be a good public spokesperson for our organization out in the community.
- Do you want to participate in a distributed leadership workplace following ‘teal’ principles, where you are accountable for your own role/s?
- Do you have the willingness to perform physical work and are able to lift up to 60lbs?
- Host a pick up for customers. This includes setting up the produce, checking off customer names as they come to pick up and supplying their subscriptions and anything additional that they have ordered.
- Host a produce market at the same location, promoting the produce that you have on hand to subscription customers and walk-ups. Handle cash and an electronic card reader. Direct customers to our website and subscription service.
- Cash out till from market and complete market return sheet with cash takings and market feedback.
Possibility to cover other market host shifts:
Wednesdays 2:00 – 7:15 PM and Fridays 3:00 – 7:00 PM