WHO IS YYC GROWERS AND DISTRIBUTORS?
YYC Growers and Distributors’ purpose is to connect farmers with urban customers by gathering and distributing locally grown food through a system that regenerates our environment and community and supports the local economy. We provide our fresh, nutrient-rich produce directly from farms to our customers through a weekly subscription service, a thriving online farmers’ market and physical farm stands. We offer home delivery and have ~16 pickup locations throughout the Calgary metropolitan area in addition to Airdrie, Langdon and Cochrane.
MARKET HOST AND DRIVER
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Do you have a passion for any of local food, farming, culinary skills, local economy and/or regenerative agriculture?
- Do you have a positive, friendly attitude and a passion for interacting with people? Must be a good public spokesperson for our organization out in the community.
- Do you want to participate in a distributed leadership workplace following ‘teal’ principles, where you are accountable for your own role/s?
- Do you have the willingness to perform physical work and comfort repeatedly lifting up to 60lbs?
- Are you competent at driving and backing up a 16’ cube truck and have a clean class 5 drivers license? Are you over 25 years old to meet our insurance requirements?
- Greet customers at our weekly markets and assist our subscribers in collecting their weekly harvest boxes.
- Educate customers about our farmers, promote subscription sales, market items and sell additional produce to subscribers and walk up customers.
- Accurately provide subscription and one-off customers their produce and uphold the customer service standards of YYC Growers at pick-up locations and pop up markets.
- Deliver produce accurately to pick up locations throughout the city, on time and safely, as well as to exhibit positive representation of the organization in the public eye.
- Finalize compiling products on pallets, perform the checklist of the packing list and load produce onto the truck.
- Perform truck safety check, according to the Schedule 1 checklist that will be provided. Take accountability for cleanliness and safety of the truck for each shift.
- Pack the truck in a logical organization to efficiently deliver for multiple drop off points.
- Deliver produce to pick up locations, unload bins from the truck into locations for the volunteer pick up hosts to arrange.
- Host a pick up for customers at the final location (University District on Friday and Central Memorial Park on Saturday). This includes setting up the produce, checking off customer names and supplying their subscriptions as they come to pick up and anything additional that they have ordered.
- Host a produce distribution market at the same location, promoting the produce that you have on hand to subscription customers and walk-ups. Handle cash and an electronic card reader. Direct customers to our website and subscription service.
- Return to all pick up locations on the way back to the warehouse and collect empty bins, and compile leftover produce.
- On returning to the warehouse, put all produce away in the appropriate coolers. Group bins into size and nest together. Organize reusable cardboard according to warehouse and farmer needs, and break down recyclable cardboard and put it into the cardboard recycling bin in the parking lot.
- Cash out till from market and complete market return sheet with cash takings and market feedback.
- Leave the warehouse clean and tidy for the morning. Lock up the warehouse.
TERM AND HOURS:
- We are seeking an individual to fill this part-time permanent role.
- We run distribution from Wednesday-Saturday. This role would be primarily the Friday and Saturday shift, with opportunity to cover or rotate the Wednesday and/or Thursday shifts.
- Primary Shift
- Friday – 11:00 – 5:00 PM
- Saturday – 8:30 – 3:30 PM
- Alternative Shift
- Wednesday – 11:45 – 8:45 PM
- Thursday – 1:15 – 8:45 PM
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org