Produce Distribution Driver and Market Host
Who is YYC Growers & Distributors?
We provide our fresh, nutrient-dense produce directly from farms to customers through a weekly subscription service, as well as operating an online store and physical farmers markets. We offer home delivery and have ~16 pickup locations throughout the Calgary metropolitan area in addition to Airdrie, Langdon and Cochrane.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Do you have a passion for any of local food, farming, culinary skills, local economy and/or regenerative agriculture?
- Do you have a positive, friendly attitude and a passion for interacting with people? Must be a good public spokesperson for our organization out in the community.
- Do you want to participate in a distributed leadership workplace following ‘teal’ principles, where you are accountable for your own role/s?
- Do you have the willingness to perform physical work and comfort repeatedly lifting up to 60lbs?
- Are you competent at driving and backing up a 16’ cube truck and have a clean class 5 drivers license? Are you over 25 years old to meet our insurance requirements?
- Are you comfortable using mechanical aids e.g. pallet jack, dolly etc? Mechanical aptitude for operation and maintenance of a vehicle is an asset.
- Finalize compiling products on pallets, perform checklist of packing list and load produce on truck.
- Perform truck safety check according to Schedule 1 checklist provided. Take accountability for cleanliness and safety of the truck for each shift.
- Pack truck in logical organization for multiple drop off points.
- Deliver produce to pick up locations, unload bins into locations for the volunteer pick up hosts to arrange.
- Host a pick up for customers at the final location (Crowfoot LRT on Wednesday and Westbrook LRT on Thursday). This includes setting up the produce, checking off customer names as they come to pick up and supplying their subscriptions and anything additional that they have ordered.
- Host a produce distribution market at the same location, promoting the produce that you have on hand to subscription customers and walk-ups. Handle cash and an electronic card reader. Direct customers to our website and subscription service.
- Return to all pick up locations on the way back to the warehouse and collect empty bins, and compile leftover produce.
- On returning to the warehouse, put all produce away in the appropriate coolers. Group bins into size and nest together. Organize reusable cardboard according to warehouse and farmer needs, and break down recyclable cardboard and put it into the cardboard recycling bin in the parking lot.
- Cash out till from market and complete market return sheet with cash takings and market feedback.
- Leave the warehouse clean and tidy for the morning. Lock up the warehouse.
Wednesday – 11:45 – 8:45
Thursday – 1:15 – 8:45
Friday – 11:00 – 5:00
Saturday – 8:30 – 3:30